Welcome to Advising!
Here at the Advising Center, we care about your academic success. Our office provides students with the necessary resources and skills to excel in their educational career at South Plains College. We look forward to helping students achieve their dreams and meet their goals.
The resources that students will find in the Advising Center include educational success plans (ESP), career assessment and exploration, and assistance with learning styles, study skills, and time management.
Current students are advised to log in to MySPC for further Advising and Testing information.
When you receive your acceptance letter from SPC, you will receive your Username and Password for your South Plains College accounts.
MySPC and TexanConnect
Click herefor instructions on activating your MySPC and navigating TexanConnect.
- Students will also need to submit certain documents to complete their admission to SPC. If a hold is placed on your TexanConnect account, you may contact Admissions & Records for assistance.
All students are given an SPC email when they are accepted. The assigned SPC e-mail account will be used as the official channel of communication for South Plains College.
All students should apply for Financial Aid early! Students are not required to be admitted to South Plains College before completing this step. This process can take up to six weeks to complete. Students may find more information and contact the Financial Aid office here.
- Students may complete their FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov.
All students are encouraged to apply for scholarships, and apply early. The deadline for students to apply for any following academic year is February 1st. More information can be found here.
All information about SPC tuition can be found here.
Students may also select to enroll in a Payment Plan to pay for their courses. More information can be found through the Business Office webpage here.
Review your Degree Plan
All South Plains College degree plans are found in the Catalog. Please review your degree plan before meeting with an Advisor to better plan your first semester!
Register for Classes
Students who have questions or need assistance may visit with the Advising Center to register for their courses. Students who are able to self register are encouraged to meet with an advisor early in the semester to review their progress and plan their next semester.
SPC provides full-time students, carrying 12 or more semester hours, with modern, comfortable and affordable housing. For more information, click here.
Students are welcome to register for new student orientation at each of our campuses. Students will be able to tour locations, meet advisors, ask questions, and more. Orientation dates will be held during the summer months. Students can register for Orientation here.
Books and Supplies
To view a list of course materials, you may visit either Bookstore location or view materials online.
Students will need to have their current semester schedule in order to obtain the correct materials.
BlackBoard is a tool used by instructors for online course content in Internet and some Face-to-Face courses. To login to Blackboard, use your TexanConnect information.
- Student ID - Physical/Hard Copy Student ID Cards may be obtained at the Levelland Campus, while all Virtual/Mobile Student ID Cards can be set up at all South Plains College locations.
- Parking Permit - To obtain your parking permit, you may visit any South Plains College campus.
- Levelland Campus - Housing Office - Student Services Bldg
- Lubbock Downtown Center - Student Support Services
- Lubbock Career and Technical Center - Student Support Services
- Plainview Center - Student Support Services
View Advising & Testing Center Mission Statement here.